Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More postcards from Cambodia

I thought I'd post some more random shots from Cambodia.

First of all, back to the little kids, who are adorable when they're not trying to sell you something.

And if you think traffic is bad where you live, think again...

View from the taxi window above and a traffic jam, Cambodian-style below. Then we drove in traffic that was 10 times worse.

Amazing, but the record for people on a moped so far that I've seen is five!

Hey you Polies, look at the freshies!


In Phnom Penh, we visited the Killings Fields and the Genocide museum, sobering memorials to the brutalities of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge. I didn't take many photos as the horror of it all saps away any tourist tendencies, but I did snap a couple of shots that I found memorable.

The school that was turned into the infamous S-21 prison where thousands were tortured before being executed at the killing fields is now the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum.

There were a few photos of the Khmer Rouge head honchos in poor condition and full of graffiti. I wish I knew what was scrawled on this picture of Son Sen, the Defense Minister and one of Pol Pot's main heavies...I'm sure it's not nice.

The gruesome conditions of the prison have been preserved to show the evilness of the regime, but I was touched that someone else had left a of sign of hope that mankind can heal its wounds with time.

And finally, one last sunset in Cambodia...we flew back to Thailand this morning and will be here until December 24. The adventure continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home