Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Is it Tuesday or Wednesday?

It's all coming back now...sleeping in with no alarm clock going off...enjoying a nice latte and the morning paper...taking a nap after finishing the latte...finding food...taking another nap.

Here's my new look:

Totally a fashion mistake after realizing that I bought too many khaki and olive drab clothing items but I hear they need a new croc hunter in Oz.

We've been back in Christchurch for nearly a week now and getting reacquainted with life again is pretty sweet. A group of us took a little road trip up the coast to a beauty of a spot, Kaikoura. It's a right on the water nestled up against snow covered mountains. We walked around and had a little picnic on the beach, sitting on smooth dark rocks that had soaked up all of the suns warmth. Here's Jon, Holly, Brien and Renee on the beach. Michael found himself a bar and had to test out the local wares.


My favorite sight in Christchurch so far - finding this cute little display at the visitor's centre, featuring a promo for the local Antarctic Centre tourist attraction. Note the polar bears in the lower right. Some people just don't get it.

Tomorrow Brien and I are off to Sydney for a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if I get the croc gig...

4 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
You look great! Olive khaki is definately your color! :) Have fun in Sydney. Love, Shan.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's crocs you want then I'll have to take you to Taronga Zoo (hey, maybe you could get a job there for the summer!). No crocs in the wild in Syd :(

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were polar bears in Antarctica until the aliens ate them after Atlantis disappeared.

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi this is great! I am finally home and time to read and enjoy your blog. I wonder where you will go next. I am home until January 1 when I fly to Costa Rica to board a ship called Discovery. The itin. includes Antarctica but of course just the tip where I have been twice before. I love the icebergs- they are so beautiful! Robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home